"We can't think our Emotions, we can only feel them." Alycia R. Setlin
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to identify, use, understand, and manage emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathise with others, overcome challenges, and defuse conflict. Emotional intelligence impacts many different aspects of your daily life, such as the way you behave and the way you interact with others. (Helpguide.org 2016)
- In a split second your emotions have already felt what your mind is thinking! This is EQ!
- EQ helps gage and navigate personal insights into finding your potential and purpose and working with others effectively.
- EQ & empathy transforms perceptions creating a new perspective, utilising resources from within, helping you become more present, resilient, confident, with the ability to tap into inspiration and hope with effective results.
- EQ has been shown to increase personal and professional success
- Emotional development impacts leadership effectiveness
- Emotional intelligence adds an integrative approach to learning and development.
Action 1. Emotional Intelligence and self Awareness- How do I connect to my emotions ?
Action 2. Emotional Intelligence Assessments- Is what I think and feel integrated ?
Action 3. Applying EQ to education, professional learning and personal development.
EQ supports your emotions while IQ supports your mental state
together they create a powerful combination of authenticity
strength and awareness which supports you personally and professionally. Alycia R. Setlin